2015 MEMORY JAR

It's 2016, how crazy! In the spirit of wrapping up 2015 and going into the new year, I thought I'd share my 2015 memory jar with you guys!

If you've been a long time reader you know that I'm a list maker and I love challenging myself with goals - whether it be new years resolutions or things I want to accomplish before my next birthday. But in 2015 I decided instead of making resolutions, I wanted to do rememberlutions by creating a memory jar. I planned to scribble down meaningful things, events, or memories that happened during the year and throw them in a jar to reopen on January 1, 2016. So that's what I did!

I kept the jar in our kitchen next to our grocery list, notepads and post-it notes. And slowly throughout the year the jar began filling up with colorful paper. Whether it be a good grade on a midterm or a romantic date night, I'd add it to the jar. I even managed to make it the entire year without peeking at old entries!

And on the first of the new year, I read aloud each paper to Chris. Every entry had us smiling and retelling our own renditions of the story. The memory jar served as such a fun way to reflect on the past year and it reminded us of all the special memories we had shared.

"rock wall climbing!!" from august, see photos here & here via my instagram
"the kayak & paddleboard" from may, watch our on the water video here
"rt 66 half marathon with daddy" from november, see photos & recap here 
Chris sneaked in one to surprise me - such a sweetie!

I have a memory box filled with photos and mementos from over the years, and I definitely plan to add this memory jar to the collection! Have you ever done a memory or gratitude jar

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment away!