dynamic warm up

You'll see for each day I always list my dynamic warm up. Warming up your muscles before you work out is so, so important! Without "warming up" your muscles before you workout, the muscle isn't receiving maximal energy and isn't as elastic. Aka: if you warm up, you can reach the maximum muscle contraction.

Each of my workouts begins with the following:
Foam rolling: think of it as ironing out the kinks in your muscles 
"Foam rolling smooths and lengthens your muscles, and breaks up adhesions and scar tissue. Another benefit is that it helps your muscles relax by activating the sensory receptors connecting your muscle fibers to your tendons. The net effect is better blood circulation, which in turn speeds workout recovery and boosts performance." --MH
I use this one & this one [spiky bastard!]. 
and then straight into these exercises, each one after the other with as little rest as possible. 
One-leg lunges: 20 reps per leg
Squats: 15 reps
Push-ups: 15 reps
Side to side jumps: for 30 seconds
Front to back jumps: for 30 seconds
Winded yet?

2 comments:

  1. I am most definitely trying the side to side jumps in my routine next week. Thanks for the share!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome! let me know if it ends up being a keeper for you.

      i'm in search for some good post workout stretches--ugh!

      xo
      alissa

      Delete

comment away!