OUTFITS | H A P P Y

2014! I'm definitely a member of the "new year, new start" club. There is just something I love about the idea of a clean slate, fresh beginnings, etc.

This past year was hard. I felt I was constantly dealing with the thin balancing act of losses & gains--finding out we were pregnant/mourning our miscarriage, deciding to leave a very good and promising job/the unknown and a new job, training & completing for a half marathon/suffering multiple injuries [thumbs down to the doctor bills], as well as learning to which relationships to keep & mend and which to not. I was an emotional wreck trying to sort all the pieces all the while hoping I was keeping myself moving forward.

Bring on the resolutions: Take more photos. Spend more time with those that matter. Read, read, read. Keep my anxiety and stress in check--shrug off the small stuff. Date my husband. Travel somewhere. Find a new hobby. Keep active despite my knee [current diagnosis: patellar tendinitis in my left knee cap & a medial collateral ligament strain in the same knee]. Return to marathon training once I get the green light. And lastly, to be free of fear and comparison--to simply allow myself to be who I am without so much self-judgement.

So here's to making this year the best one yet. So scratch new year, new start--let's do big year, big goals.

And on a lighter note: this easy plaid layering piece you see here? Another #walmartfind. Boom! Came across it as I ran in to stock up on Cream of Potato soup & hot chocolate for the Keurig. And is anyone else watching Luther on Netflix? Chris and I have been addicted!
--
RIVER ISLAND pom pom hat // ASOS skinny jeans in black // WALMART plaid high-low top // AMERICAN EAGLE cami in nude // URBAN OUTFITTERS mixed knit over the knee socks // FREE PEOPLE ring // combat boots [thrifted, similar ] // THEIT bossi bag in fawn