FITNESS | HALF MARATHON TRAINING CHECK IN

I have this new Monday-theory for you guys.

As you may or may not know, I recently tinkered my workout routine, which I plan on posting later this week. I run three times a week (Mon, Wed, and Sat), strength train twice a week (Tues and Thurs), stretch out with yoga on Friday, and rest on Sunday. And I've begun to notice that due to my exercising on Mondays, since previous I didn't, I feel mentally and physically more energetic throughout the whole day. It's like a kick start to the week! And coming from me, morning monster over here, I like the extra help to get going on a good week.

We had a really wonderful weekend. The highlight reel: Saturday we went to visit my parents and watched football [another Oklahoma State win!] up at the winery with a bunch of regulars that now have become friends. Beers, football, good company. Sunday morning was waffles and bacon, Sunday evening was the Runtoberfest 5k that we all did together. More beer, a 5k., a delicious dinner at a pub while watching the Broncos game [what a game!]. It's funny, through our fantasy football league, Chris and I have slowly become Bronco fans since we have Peyton as our QB and a few other Bronco players.


[ NIKE tank & shoes / FOREVER21 sports bra in sea foam & shorts* ]

*After using Forever21 active wear, I wouldn't recommend it unless your workout is low to medium impact. Especially with their bottoms [shorts, crops, etc.] if you tend to sweat a lot. The fabric they use doesn't hide or absorb sweat very well. AKA I'm not wearing these shorts out to run again--they'll have to work on yoga days!