FITNESS | MY FIRST 5K!

During my blogging absence this summer, something BIG happened to me--I ran my first race ever! Ever loosely meaning since high school track. And it was amazing. As a birthday gift, my sister surprised me with a running bib for the Color Me Rad 5k  (3 miles) race. Not only for me, but for her too! I'd be running my first race with my sister and get this--splattered by paint powder!! 

I couldn't wait, all my months of training would finally pay off! It would be the stepping stones to a 10k, half marathon  and hopefully a full marathon one day. But then my anxiety kicked in--I had never ran in a group setting before. I had spent months training alone and often avoided other [fast] runners/joggers. What was I in for? What if I couldn't keep up? Panicked, I checked out their website & blog--and felt eased immediately. The energy and excitement in photos was amazing. Runners, joggers, and walkers of all ages covered in paint smiling, running and posing. The race had no time limit and funny enough, 60% of all the Color Runners were first-time 5k participants. I knew could do this.

We started in white tanks and finished with a rainbow! 
for more snapshots, follow me on instagram @ helloalissacummings !