OUTFITS | OLDEST FEARS ARE THE WORST FEARS

I’ve had this outfit sitting in my drafts for ages now but for some reason never uploaded it. But I feel like I’ve been a bit spotty with blogging lately and I really wanted to post today.

Something about last two weeks and this past [very eventful] weekend  [T is now a newlywed jetting off to Jamaica for her honeymoon!] has really cleared my perception on so much of what has been weighing me down recently.

I struggle with carrying around so much fear of disappointing those I care about. It has taken me months and months but I've finally had to look past it and decide what was best for me/us as a couple. I am the one who has to wake up every day and live my life. And on Sunday I was filled with so much love [starting with some amazing waffles from my mom]. I felt light and an immeasurable amount of happiness about everything. I felt in control of my life. Of my feelings. And finally, in control of my anxiety.

It truly made me appreciate those close to me—my friends and my family.

But my husband above all. He is truly such a strong support system for me. When I was younger, I was always afraid that I’m too much in my head, that no one could actually get me. Chris may not understand me 100% of the time, but he sure tries. Between some hard talks & choices, we are always on each other’s side. With any decision weighing me down, I know for certain, if no one else, he will always be there saying “go for it, it will be okay” and holding my hand through it.

I think that’s why I was so drawn to post these photos today. Because of my “Mrs” necklace that Chris gave me. The necklace is such a powerful and special symbol to me. I can't believe it's only popped up on the blog once before this.

Awkward moment of the day: Realizing that a good amount of my clothes could totally pass for maternity wear. Example number one, this top.

xo
--
URBAN OUTFITTERS blazer in black [ on sale! ] / KATE SPADE "mrs" necklace / TARGET top [old] / ASOS jeans in white [ similar ] / GAP loafers [ similar ] / SAKS FIFTH AVENUE bracelet

See this striped top styled for summer here