BITS + PIECES | GUESS WHAT I PICKED UP TODAY?


Eight more weeks until graduation. Eight weeks.

It feels like a waiting game. It’s hard to see past May. I’m waiting for May so I can start planning and figuring out what’s next. A job, health insurance, a place to live. I’m waiting for validation for my college career.

Earlier this week, I couldn’t help but stop and think about college as a whole. How much I’ve changed over the years, the people that have come and gone—the ones that where suppose to last but didn’t, the people that stayed the same, the people that have moved on with their lives,—and of course, the new ones that have just nestled their place into my life. I can’t help but miss some bits and pieces of it. It’s scary to sit here and not know what’s coming, but it’s exciting to be trying on my graduation cap & gown and twirling the tassle.

Eight weeks and there’ll be no more waiting. Just boxes and a diploma.

9 comments:

  1. Oooh! Congrats! Only 8 weeks until you are all done. Crazy how fast it went and how much you've changed, isn't it? I'm planning to get a "big girl" job and live on my own this August once I finish grad school. It is a bit all too...real!

    I hope you'll check out my blog & giveaway, plus a link up called Wish! {out loud} that I hope you'll participate in!

    http://flyingfarandfree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. yayy congrats that is so exciting!!
    xoxo
    Shannon
    luckyno7blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Alissa!!! Nice blog!
    If you want, check out my blog

    http://thescentofglamour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it so crazy? And even crazier how quickly those last few days/weeks go.

    Great blog, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh, I know exactly what you mean! Tomorrow is my last. day. ever. I don't even know what to do with myself! Absolutely insane. I wish you luck!
    Also, funny that we got the same piece from Sugarlips. :) Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! How exciting! It's so great that you can look back and be proud of what you've accomplished! I'm sure the future has amazing things in store. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. graduation is such an exciting time; i remember my graduation weekend so well! new transitions, new adventures, new growth.... i definitely miss my alma mater though, and the university life!

    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there, Lovely blog and I find it interesting because we have the same Interest - Fashion. I hope you can check mine too.
    Feel free to stop by my blog.

    Http://mymariia.blogspot.com

    PS: Following you now :)
    PPS: congratulations!!! I wish you luck on your future endeavors :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!!! That's awesome! I wish you all the best for the future! You must so excited to be done!!

    ReplyDelete

comment away!