my best defenses

Long cardigan- local shop, Brian Lichtenberg tank - Forever 21, romper - Old Navy, tights, wedge heels (similar) - New Look, ring - Pier 1


Hah, I’m back to posting! I’ve been doing quite a few things (uni, working out, friends, etc) so I hadn’t had the time to do outfit photos and I didn’t want to do just a giant text post.

Onto the outfit! Lots of black you say? Yes, yes, I get that a lot. But the truth is I don’t like wearing lots of bright colors and if I do, I tend to tone it down by pairing it with neutral colors (ahem, like this awesome floral block letters BL tank worn previously in this look). But it warmed up quite a bit today so I traded out my heavy black cardi for this lightweight black one AND abandoned my leggings for some tights. Underneath is a romper (explaining the giant lump around my middle)  from Old Navy I bought what had to be three or four summers ago! At the time I was so-so about it but I kept it around in my closet. And thank God, because it’s actually quite versatile for warmer and colder seasons.

I wore my wedge heels today. I only had art class so I didn’t do much walking in them. (It’s a three hour class so I definitely slipped them off!) I’m actually quite terrible in heels! I’m so tall already that sometimes I feel just like a ganglely mess! But I love, love, love them and they seemed to look best rather than any of my flats.

And lastly I want to show off this adorable little card I got in the mail this morning! It’s from my parents and it says, “You become what you believe”. Inside is a little uplifting note and some money to help with bills. I could only sigh heavily and smile. Times may be getting a bit rough but I am so lucky to be going through it with my family at my side.

Another Thursday plus: the April Glamour issue came today with my favorite Kate Winslet on the cover!